If you want to enjoy both matcha and pumpkin spices, then do it! This recipe is a combination of two of our favorite flavors to create a drink rich in antioxidants and lightly sweetened that’s ideal for the fall. This drink is a great way to get a little boost without feeling jittery. It’s delicious, hot or cold.
It can be made with just four simple ingredients in five minutes. Let’s make pumpkin-spiced matcha!
How to make a pumpkin spice matcha Latte
This recipe starts with a choice: Hot or Iced?
Since pumpkin spice is a sign of cooler weather and all things cozier in our area, we’ll begin with the hot version. If you want a cafe-style latte, a Milk Frother will work. You can use a milk frother to add the ingredients, then press a button. What a simple process!
Start by heating your favorite milk in a saucepan with Pumpkin Pie Spice, maple syrup, or another sweetener. The matcha is mixed with hot water to dissolve the powder and leave you with a drink that’s free of matcha lumps.
You can make a pumpkin-spiced matcha latte by mixing the matcha powder with the hot milk. Enjoy your favorite mug, and get ready to be heated from the inside out.
Pour the Iced Version; add all ingredients to a Blender and blend until smooth. Pour over ice and enjoy!
- Use any dairy-free milk instead of the Whole Foods brand.
- If using canned coconut cream, replace 3/4 cup of water with more dairy-free liquid milk.
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 – 2 tsp of maple syrup*
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp matcha powder (find our matcha review here! Use less if you are using a potent, high-quality brand.
SAUCEPAN – HOT
- All ingredients, except the matcha powder, should be added to a small pan and gently heated while whisking constantly until it is smooth. In a small mug or bowl, whisk matcha and 1 Tbsp (15ml) of hot water until smooth. Pour into the saucepan.
- You can also add all the ingredients to a Milk Frother (we recommend Breville) and use the warm setting on your milk frother to heat and mix.
- Enjoy immediately. If the spices settle to the bottom, shake or stir the mug.
- Blend all ingredients in a mixer until smooth and foamy — approximately 30-45 seconds.
- Enjoy over ice immediately. If the spices are settling at the bottom of your mug, shake or stir.