Who else is addicted? We apologize if you are not yet addicted. You will soon be. We were inspired to make this recipe by Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning. (Who else loves Joe?! We were inspired by Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning (who else loves Joe?! This is salty and savory. It’s also crunchy.
This seasoning is a versatile and delicious topping that can be used on a variety of foods, including avocado toast, eggs, bowls, crackers, and more! It’s SO simple to make — only six ingredients and one bowl. Let’s get started!
What is the Everything Bagel seasoning?
- Black and white sesame seed. If you want to keep it simple, you can use only one color.
- Sea Salt flakes- Large, flaky salts like Maldon are the best for a more evenly distributed saltiness and a nice crunch. You can also use regular sea salt, but it will work better if you use less.
- Dried Minced Garlic Also called dehydrated or dried garlic; this is the best way to get a garlicky flavor and a toasty taste!
- Dried Minced Onion — just as dried garlic is larger than garlic powder; the dried minced onions will have a savory flavor and a more substantial size.
- Poppy Seeds – for a crunchier taste, we used more than the Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning.
Everything Bagel Seasoning: How to make it
Making Everything Bagel seasoning at home couldn’t be simpler:
- Gather the ingredients: poppy seeds and sesame seeds. Also, garlic and dried onions. And flaky salt. If you can’t find any of these ingredients, try the bulk spice aisle. There are usually more varieties and fresher products.
- Please place them in a jar or bowl.
- Mix (or shake them).
How to Use Everything Bagel Seasoning
EVERYTHING is the easy answer! See what we did there? The possibilities are endless.
- Avocado toast
- Toast bread with cream cheese (dairy-free)
- Roasted vegetables
- Cauliflower rice
- Crispy baked chickpeas
- Or anything else that could benefit from a salty-savory finish!
- Poppy seeds: 1 1/2 Tbsp
- White sesame seeds, 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Use more white sesame seeds or 1 1/2 Tbsp of black sesame (or use less).
- 1 Tbsp dried chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp dried chopped garlic
- Use half the amount of fine salt or 1 Tbsp. Flaky salt.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl or jar. Shake (or mix) the mixture until it is fully incorporated.
- Sprinkle on crackers and other foods like bagels, eggs, or rice. Also, sprinkle on avocado toast.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to six months.