Have you tried them together before? We love homemade crackers as well as everything bagel seasoning. Get ready to be amazed. These crackers were inspired by a recipe created by the amazing Carolina Gelen. They are crispy, light, and toasty. They’re savory, too, with a healthy dose of seeds.
Enjoy them with everything from a href=”https://minimalistbaker.com/charred-serrano-white-bean-dip/”>dips/a> and a href=”https://minimalistbaker.com/easy-probiotic-cultured-vegan-cheese/”>cheeses/a> to ”charcuterie boards, if you like. Enjoy them with dips, cheeses, charcuterie board, and much more! Let’s get crackin’!
Seeds have many health benefits.
These crackers contain seeds that are rich in vitamins and minerals. They also contain healthy fats. These seeds have some unique superpowers:
- Hemp, flax, and Chia seeds are rich in alpha-linolenic acids, an anti-inflammatory fat that is also known as the “plant Omega-3”.
- Pumpkin Seeds are a good source of Zinc, which is essential for immune function (and difficult to obtain in a diet based on plants).
- Sunflower seeds are rich in Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that’s important for cardiovascular health.
- Sesame Seeds contain unique phytonutrients that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
How to Make Seed Crackers
It’s so easy to make these crackers! First, mix the seeds in brown rice flour for structure. Then add sea salt for flavor.
Then, we stir in boiling water to make a dough.
We then spread the dough on a baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper to prevent it from sticking. Distribute as evenly as you can for crispy crackers.
Ground flax seeds (flaxseed meals): 2 tbsp
- Brown rice flour, 2 Tbsp
- Half a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 or 2 Tbsp Every Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. (176 C). Line a baking sheet of standard size (13×18 inches) with parchment paper.
- Mix the flaxseeds, brown rice flour, and salt in a medium bowl. Toss together the sunflower seeds (pepitas), hemp seeds (chia seeds), and pepitas.
- Pour boiling water over the seed mixture and stir until no dry spots remain. Cover the seed mixture with a towel and allow it to sit for 15 minutes until the seeds absorb the water.
- Spread the mixture as thinly and evenly as possible on the baking sheet. It should reach the edges of a 13×18-inch baking sheet. Make sure the middle of the baking sheet is not too thick and that the edges are not too thin. Also, avoid any gaps and holes. You want light, crisp crackers. Sprinkle the Bagel Seasoning on top of the mixture once it has been spread out evenly.
- Bake your crackers for 35-45 minutes or until they are toasty and dry to the touch. It will burn if you bake it for 50 minutes.
- Allow the crackers to cool on the baking sheet. Then, carefully break them into any size you like. Store in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.