Raw carrot cake with vegan cream cheese frosting is a delightful and healthier alternative to traditional baked carrot cake. Here’s a simple recipe for you:
Raw Carrot Cake:
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 10-15 minutes and then drained
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
Prepare the Carrot Cake Base:
In a food processor, combine the shredded carrots, soaked dates, nuts, shredded coconut, rolled oats, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and a pinch of salt.
Process the mixture until it comes together into a sticky and uniform texture.
Shape the Cake:
Transfer the mixture to a lined cake pan or shape it into individual cake bars. Press it down firmly to create a compact and even layer.
Place the cake pan or bars in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2-3 hours or until firm.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours or overnight
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
Prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting:
In a high-speed blender, combine the soaked cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup or agave nectar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Frost the Cake:
Once the raw carrot cake base is firm, spread the vegan cream cheese frosting evenly over the top.
Return the cake to the refrigerator and let it chill for an additional 1-2 hours to allow the frosting to set.
Slice the raw carrot cake into portions and serve chilled.
Enjoy your guilt-free, raw carrot cake with vegan cream cheese frosting! This dessert is not only delicious but also packed with wholesome ingredients. Adjust sweetness and flavors according to your preference.