These overnight oats are perfect for those who love Golden Milk, the Indian Ayurvedic beverage.
Maple syrup is used to sweeten the rolled oats, chia seeds, and golden milk spices such as turmeric and ginger. This is the perfect breakfast or snack to make ahead. Only seven ingredients and just one jar are required. We’ll show you how to make it!
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oatmeal is created by soaking rolled grains in liquid for a few hours. This method keeps the oats’ integrity intact and helps to avoid the gummy texture of some cooked versions.
You can prepare them easily ( without cooking! They’re packed with nutrition. They’re also a good source of resistant oat starch, a type of fiber that feeds the beneficial bacteria in our gut!
Golden Milk Overnight Oats
You can add the spices individually or make a batch of a href=”https://minimalistbaker.com/4-ingredient-golden-milk mix/”>golden milk spice mix/a> to have on hand for quick golden milk everything — overnight oats, granola, a href=”https://minimalistbaker.com/goldenmilkgranola/”>granola/a>, &a You can add the spices separately or create a batch golden-milk spice mix. This will be handy for making golden-milk everything, such as overnight oats, granola, and snack bits. Find out more about the health benefits of golden milk by clicking here.
Almond butter and coconut milk add creaminess to these overnight oats. Maple syrup is the sweetener. Chia seeds are added for crunchiness and omega 3.
These overnight oats can be served after soaking the oats in the liquids and spices overnight. Top with banana slices for sweetness and potassium.
Coconut flakes, yogurt, and milk are also delicious toppings. Maple syrup can be added for sweetness.
- Use unsweetened, light coconut milk.
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Golden milk spice mix 1 tsp (see individual spices in the notes).
- 2 Tbsp Almond butter or cashew butter
- Maple syrup, 1 Tbsp
- Half a cup of gluten-free rolled Oats
- Sliced bananas: 1/2 cup (1/2 cup).
- Coconut flakes 2 tbsp ( optional )
- Coconut Yogurt 2 Tbsp ( optional ).
- Fourteen cups of unsweetened coconut milk in a box ( optional).
- 1 tsp of maple syrup ( optional).
- Add the almond butter and maple syrup to a small jar with a lid. Then add the coconut cream, chia seed, and golden milk spice (see notes on individual herbs). Stir the milk until the herbs have been incorporated. It’s okay to use some almond butter in larger swirls.
- Stir to combine the rolled oatmeal. With a spoon, press down to make sure all the oats are moistened.
- Cover tightly with a lid, or seal the container and place in the fridge overnight or at least six hours.
- Remove the banana slices from the fridge and add them to your dish. You can garnish the dish with coconut flakes or coconut yogurt. If you have extra coconut milk and maple syrup, that’s also an option. Enjoy! Enjoy! Not suitable for freezing