Certainly! Here’s a simple recipe for vegan gravy that you can make easily:
- Two tablespoons of olive oil or vegan butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- One tablespoon of soy sauce or tamari
- One teaspoon of nutritional yeast (optional for added flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil or vegan butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk continuously to form a roux. Cook the roux for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until it turns golden brown. Be careful not to burn it.
- Gradually pour in the vegetable broth, whisking continuously to avoid lumps. Continue whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Add the soy sauce or tamari, nutritional yeast (if using), onion powder, and garlic powder. Whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
- Let the gravy simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld. If the sauce is too thick, you can add more vegetable broth to reach your desired consistency.
- Season the gravy with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Once the gravy reaches your desired thickness and flavor, please remove it from the heat.
Your vegan gravy is now ready to be served! Pour it over mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or your favorite vegan holiday dishes. Feel free to customize the recipe by adding herbs or spices that you enjoy. Enjoy your delicious vegan gravy!